So, we've now officially been here for three weeks and have started to makes some pretty big waves.
First, and the biggest news, WE FOUND AN APARTMENT! It's actually a house, a terrace house to be exact. It's in the exact part of the city that we want to be: Surry Hills. For those of you who aren't familiar, Surry Hills is much like the streets of San Francisco; great bars, good food, shopping and cool peeps. We will be living right around the corner from Bourke Street Bakery - an awesome bakery with the most delish fennel sausage rolls. I think Ryan's had three this week. We can't wait to move into our little house in 2 weeks.
The house is the blue one on the right. There were so many people applying for it that I was a bit disheartened when we got there. But we beat all those suckas, yeah!

We got it!!!
Second, we've met another San Franciscan named Leah and she took us to a bingo night where the prize was...A MEAT TRAY! Yes, folks, I'm talking about an actual tray o meat. Our new friend won and we're going to be grilling it up this weekend. I also won a free beer - man I love this city!

The meat trays and Leah with her winnings
Ryan will soon be on the job hunt, and he has been upping his cool quotient with a new suit. Doesn't he look DASHING?:)
We found an awesome playground with a mini skateboard thing, a cool climbing thing, a cement ping pong table and public grills. We will be here often I'm sure.
There is this awesome HUGE Ugg in the shopping area by our temporary housing. During the day, a person actually wears it.




No comments:
Post a Comment